Purpose...It's an elusive thing

I woke up this morning with little on my mind but standing up and turning the coffee machine on.  The twins had preschool today so we all had to be ready to leave the house by 8:00 am.  All to say I wasn't really thinking about anything but "gotta go, gotta go, gotta go!".

I had a few things to accomplish this afternoon that kept my mind occupied.  Then somewhere around 2:00 I started to think, really think.  I guess it was more like I started to feel.  Ya know what I mean?  The weight of stuff hits you and your heart and mind start to rule your body.  As I was STILL taking down my Christmas decorations, I decided I needed some me-time with my Bible, my chair and my iTunes.

I want to share with you what I read to encourage any of you who may be experiencing something in life that is leaving you wondering who you are, what your purpose is or how you got to where you are.

Be blessed and encouraged.  I know I was blown away at how simple yet profound these questions are.


How do you know what your purpose it?  Start by asking these questions.

1. What desires have been living in me most of my life?
2 What motivates me to be productive?
3. What keeps me going forward when I'm worn out?
4. What makes me refuse to quit when I meet with resistance or opposition?
5. What do I do that doesn't seem like work?
6. What do I do that brings positive response and support from others?
7. What am I doing, or what's happening in my life when doors seem to open automatically and effortlessly?
8. What do leaders, bosses or people I respect think about my work?
9. What makes me feel good about being who I am?
10. What makes my creative juices flow?
11. What am I willing to sacrifice to accomplish it?
12. What am I doing that I'd be proud to offer to God for approval?
13. What would I do without being paid, if I could afford to?  - LOVE THIS QUESTION!!

Comments

Popular Posts