Proud Mama

My 9 year old has taken a liking to baking.  At first it started with her and I making cupcakes with a boxed cake, to her excelling in baking all kinds of unique cookies .  She took a few cooking and baking lessons from a Parisian friend of ours and that seemed to be the catalyst for a deeper awareness of her passion, and talent.  I know she's 9.  But it amazes me the dedication she continues to exhibit.

We decided to take a cake decorating class at our local craft store.  Last night she decorated her first cake with the techniques we learned.    I was so proud of her.  A few of the other ladies in class were noticeably irritated that she was getting the technique so quickly :)  I couldn't have been more proud of this off center, hamburger cake!  

My husband and I have a few core beliefs in raising our children.  One is allowing them to find their own gifts and passions and then nurturing them.  We don't want to put them in all the clubs, sports or activities hoping that they will attach to one or two of them.  So far this theory has worked with the first two.  Time will tell with the remaining three. 

Time, as we discussed last night, will quickly fly so I want to enjoy these moments and remember them. Maybe blogging about them will help keep it in my long term memory???  Well, at least now I'm not the only one with it.  Think of yourselves as my back-up files on my external drive.



Comments

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please share your thoughts with me and how this post touched your heart.

Popular Posts