Baby steps

In this household we don't have a constant flow of the kid's friends coming and going.  With 3 school aged kids you would think it's Grand Central Station here.  I imagine as the years progress it will get busier, but for now I think I like it this way.  With 5 kids in the house, there is always something to do.  Whether it's help around the house or someone to play the Wii with, we are covered.  Not to mention Grandma and Papa live here and are always happy to entertain them.  In a big family we are each other's friends. We are their safe place.  We are their support system.  Growing up, although I had a sister and 3 brothers, we didn't have what my kids have.  Mainly due to how separated by age we were.  By the time I was five all my brothers were out of the house and my sister, though we are close now, is 7 years older.  I want to cherish this time my kids have together as it will quickly be gone.  The bonds they create now are life long.

That being said, tonight it was Grand Central Station here.  I had to feed 7 kids dinner and play referee until about 7:00 when the place started to empty out.  My oldest is having a sleep over with a new friend, at least to me, but they are pretty low maintenance with their chatting and nail polish :)

I am excited about the days to come.  To see the fruits of the bond my kids are building now, but also to have the energy a night like tonight brings to our home.

But like my title states, baby steps.

Comments

Popular Posts