Small Gifts: Big Impact

James 1:17 MEV
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no change or shadow of turning.

Original post 8/29/17 - edited

For me the most profound thought is the simplest one.  When I'm reading a book and have to go over a paragraph three times just to soak it in, you’ve lost me.   But when I read something and instantly identify, my mind explodes into “Yes!”  It gets underlined, highlighted, notated and it sticks!

The same is true for my experiences.  It’s the small, simple moments and gestures that mean the most, especially when I need it most - When the baby is crying non-stop and your friend comes over so you can breathe; the kids have been crazy all day and suddenly it’s quiet and you can sit and get some coffee; something tragic has happened and a friend allows you the space to cry.  When your heart explodes with “Yes!”, it sticks.

After experiencing one of those moments the other day I remembered something a dear friend of mine says.  These simple, blessed moments are meant as a gift from our Heavenly Father as a “kiss on the forehead”.  Isn’t that a beautiful picture? That small, profound moment when a Father bends down to his child to say, “I see your need.”  "Yes!"  These moments are gifts!

There are times when we are looking for the grand gesture and we miss the simple ones.  We are trying to understand the big picture and miss the small details.  Take some time this week to quiet your heart; see the small moments as gifts thoughtfully planned out to bless you.


"Jesus help me to see you in each small, profound gift.  Thank you that you love me so much, you want to give me these gifts of rest, peace and comfort.”

Comments

Popular Posts