Hostile takeovers

Trust is one of the hardest lessons to learn, next to patience.  By trust, I mean giving up control to anyone other than myself.  Mainly, giving control to God.

Trust comes into play for me when faced with situations that don't compute in my brain, or are beyond my spiritual maturity to grasp, or cause my heart to burst under the pressure.  These moments I have a choice.  Do I trust an Almighty, Sovereign God? Or,  do I try to take over and figure it out myself?

There are several ways to accomplish a "takeover".  I can be an avoid-er/stuffer and act as if all is well letting the learning/growing opportunity pass me by.  I can make lists, make plans and strategize how I'm going to maneuver through and passed it.  I can stress, lose sleep, become depressed, wallow in self-pity and become miserable to be around.  Or, I can rest.  Breath...  Pray…  Listen...  Be introspective…  Repent...  Hear my Almighty, Sovereign God speak to my situation and move me forward in His journey for my life.

Oh the years I have wasted stuffing, strategizing, and wallowing.  I am on a new journey.  A journey that brings me closer to the One that has it all in the palm of His hand - to the One who gives peace and rest in the raging storm.  I want to wake in the mornings with my heart surrendered to the One who loves me more than words can express. And, to the One who has a plan for me more amazing than my brain can formulate.

As I was reading today's devotional on Proverbs31.org, I was encouraged that I am not alone in my battle against "takeovers".  I pray you read it and will be encouraged to join me in the journey towards peace and growth.


http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/i-know-how-to-manipulate/

Comments

Popular Posts