"Mirror, Mirror on the Wall..."

Have you come to the end of a long journey and noticed the “miles” on your body?  Let me raise my hand first and say, “Yes I have!”  Honest confession ladies - The other day I caught a glimpse of my photo on my daughter’s phone and immediately pushed it away, “Yuck.  Nope.  Don’t want to see that.”  If my own reflection wasn’t shocking enough, a few days prior I got asked if I was pregnant!  I graciously said no, she smiled, seemingly unfazed by her error, and told me that she was pregnant.  “Oh great.  I’m soooo happy for you.”, I thought while flashing my best fake smile. 

In a moment of reflection this week, (maybe more accurately a moment of self-loathing), the Holy Spirit gently nudged me and revealed the truth that lies beneath the fat...my inner man struggles to like what I have become.  I struggle to see beyond my human reflection.  I let my earthly body define me.  I am letting it supersede my image in Christ.  Ouch!

Yep…getting older, stressful times and sickness will change our appearance.  We can’t change that.  What we can change is how we respond to it.  We surely can make wise life style changes and be healthy.  But in those moments when we yield our worth to that mirror, take a step back, put yourself in the “body” of Christ.   We are His creation!  His children!  Crowned with glory and honor!  Fearfully and wonderfully made!   So when we despise our reflection, we despise His creation. 


Join me on this journey of health in our mind, body and most importantly, our soul.  Remember the Word God has given us that truly defines.


Genesis 1:27 NLT
So God created human beings in his own image.
In the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.


John 1:12 NLT
But to all who believed him and accepted him, 
he gave the right to become children of God.


Psalm 8:5 NLT
Yet you made them only a little lower than God
and crowned them with glory and honor.


Psalm 139:14 NASB
I will give thanks to You, 
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.


Comments

  1. Beautiful Sue. I like the natural tone of your writing. And, of course, your eyes of faith.
    There's nothing as beautiful as "those eyes".
    Thanks for sharing, for showing, yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please share your thoughts with me and how this post touched your heart.

Popular Posts