Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy down in my heart! Where?

Nothing but pure joy!  Me age 5(ish).


I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart!  

Where!?  

Down in my heart!  

Where!?  

Down in my heart!  

I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart!

Where!?

Down in the depths of my heart!

Where!?

Down in my heart to stay!



Remember that song?  I can recall sitting in children’s church singing that classic.  

If we fast forward many years some of us may sing that song a bit different today. Try reading it like a question.  Listen how it changes the entire meaning.  

I’ve got joy down in my heart?  

Where?  

Peace that passes understanding?  

Where?

Are you in a season where the joy of the Lord and peace that surpasses understanding are no where to be found?  Do you wake up every morning with the weight of your reality, waiting for God to swoop in and make it all better, but it doesn’t get any better?  Is Christmas morning something you dread because you’ll have to put on that Christmas face but your heart will still be aching?  

Your Heavenly Father wants to encourage you with his Word this morning.  Let the words penetrate your heart.  Allow their truth to be your joy, your Peace.  

Though tomorrow may not be ideal for you, Immanuel, God with you, wants to wrap his arms around you and say, “Find joy and peace in me.  I’ve got this.  There is no need for you to carry it.”



Matt. 1:23
“Look! The virgin will conceive a child!  She will give birth to a son and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’”

Matthew 11:28
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Hebrews 11:1 (read this whole chapter when you have time)
Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.

Psalm 23:4
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.  Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.

Psalm 3:3
But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

Comments

Popular Posts