Poem: Be still. Wait.

I have come to realize that I need to write when I feel, in the moment.  Trying to recall the raw emotion after the fact is difficult for me.  I wrote this poem one day as I was trudging through my morning, my heart heavy with the weight of long awaited unanswered prayer.   
I pray it encourages you today.


The bright blue and green streaming in from the window.
Life being reborn as Spring comes to life.
The colors call to come outside.
As the door opens the low cool winds left over from winter chill the skin.
Spring only feigned it’s existence in early April.
As I sit and breath in the colors, tinged with the bite of cold,
The winds subside and the sun is allowed to hug me.
The warmth of Spring awakens and nature comes alive.
Birds sing more loudly and call to each other from across the way.
Hope of a new day arise in my heart and life brings peace.
The rays penetrate my face and cause me to close my eyes and listen.
Listen to the birds. Listen to the hope. Listen to the peace.
But the low winds blow again.
The crisp breeze cuts through and jars my senses.
Do I go back behind the window. Do I escape the cold.
Or, do I wait? Wait for the sun to push it’s way back onto my face?
Wait for the wind to subside once again and allow Spring to reach me?
Be still my soul. Be patient. The winds will subside.
The sun will return.
Wait.

"Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him."
Psalm 62:5

Comments

Popular Posts