Choices

This week has been a series of choices for me.  The choice to be angry or forgive.  The choice to take things personal or see the bigger picture.  The choice to worry or to trust.

There are so many times that I wish I possessed the gift my husband has, to compartmentalize.  Oh what a precious talent!  Don't most of us woman tend to mix all our emotions into one large pile of muck?  This girl certainly does.

The ability to compartmentalize is a discipline for me.  I have to work hard at it.  What occurred to me today is it's really a spiritual discipline.  It's a choice to give over my human emotions to a God who can compartmentalize them for me.  When the emotions build up from of all the choices life brings us, I need an enormous God to sort my anger, hurt, frustration, pride and whatever else is in the pile.  

As I found myself this week overwhelmed again by choices and piles of emotions, God saw fit to gently remind me that He was right there waiting for me to hand it all over.

Here's an excerpt from a daily devotional I read entitled Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young dated for January 3.  It is written in the first person as if Jesus is speaking:

"Do not be weighted down with problems and unresolved issues, for a I am your burden-bearer.  In the world you have trials and distress, but don't let them get you down.  I have conquered the world and deprived it of power to harm you.*  In Me you may have confident Peace." 

If you find yourself in a pile of emotional muck with choices to make, consider handing it all over to an Almighty God.  He is gently reminding you...He is waiting.  


Psalm 32:8
"The Lord says, 'I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you.'"

*John 16:33 says. "...Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrow.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world."


Comments

Popular Posts