Can I conquer the world everyday?

This Sunday my three youngest are playing with the other neighborhood children.  Shear bliss. The sun is shining, there is a small breeze, everyone is getting along and no one has been hurt, yet.  The other Moms and I are taking turns outside to watch them.  Though today, I have been the primary "watcher".  I enjoy this job as it forces me to sit.

See, I am what you call a Doer.  I can't sit still because I feel guilty, lazy.  I judge myself and feel the non-existent judgment of the other Moms who are most definitely conquering their world today.

It's a simple lesson I learned today. If I stay inside, conquering my world, I miss the beautiful sun and wistful breezes.  I miss the laughter, the chasing back and forth, the water balloon fights and popsicle stickiness.  I can clean tomorrow.  

Oh to remember this all summer. School lets out in 3 weeks.  I better learn quick.


Comments

Popular Posts