When it rains...

It's another rainy day in Syracuse. It's not only raining but gloomy. Gray, ominous clouds that hang over the city. It's cold too. Not bitter cold, but just cold enough that the drops hitting your neck and the wind on your face give you chills.

Couldn't we describe our lives this way sometimes? The rain just keeps coming. The clouds don't seem to lift. The wind is just cold enough to be annoying.

I find myself every once in a while in my "Syracuse weather" state of mind. It happens progressively. One drop of rain, one gloomy day at a time. I don't do it on purpose (at least not consciously), it just creeps in. A few rainy days don't seem to bother me but when the flooding starts, I start to get bothered. I am also, and I confess, a bit of a "stuffer". Deal-with-it-later kind of gal. So when the floods do come I get washed away. Sound familiar?

Any who...this past month has been rainy for me. Things just keep coming. And today is my flood.  I find myself in complete need of God's touch. Nothing I can do to change or fix or find an answer to my situation. I wait. That's it. Hardest thing to do (especially for me).

BUT here's the crazy thing about waiting on God. I DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE OR FIX OR FIND AN ANSWER TO MY SITUATION! Worst and best thing about faith. In my human heart I stress and worry but in my spirit I am at peace because He is in control. That's how I sleep at night.

Be encouraged those of you out there that are being rained on. Give it up. Let it go. Surrender it. Sleep in peace tonight. God is in control and can do it better than you :). Even though we (me) think we know best :)

Comments

  1. After Rain...there is Sunshine and a Rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! This was a great post for me today, very uplifting and dead on! Thanks Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em -for sure!

    Korie - sleep in peace my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please share your thoughts with me and how this post touched your heart.

Popular Posts